Welcome, Bitches.

Enjoy the selection of music. While we do support musical and artistic expression, we urge you, the user, to only use these files as a sample and go out and buy the damn albums. If you cannot buy them, save up or get a job you dirty Internet hobo. Support the artists and go buy their albums or you will develop a rare case of cancerous flesh-eating AIDS virus and die horribly and it will be posted on YouTube.

Note: We are currently constructing a playlist to accompany the blog and sample what our library has to offer, so send us any requests you have and we'll accept it.

-Amanda.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Ayria Discography (As of 8/30/08)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Artist: Ayria
Album: Discography*
Genre: Electronica/Synthpop
Country: Canada
Year: 2003-2008

Holy crap, I'm back. Sorry about the Internet break everyone but I've returned. Massive thanks to the other co-authors who've been posting in my absence so back to the review.

Ayria, or legally known as the very sexy Miss Jennifer Parkin, was formerly the female counterpart of the band Epsilon Minus until she decided to get off her ass and make her own stuff. How very 90's boy bandish. Anyways she has beening raping clubs with various hits including the billions upon billions of remixes of 'Disease' and remixes of other popular songs done by her. Whatever keeps you Cyberkids waving your glowsticks, fine by me.

Lyrically she uses her music as an emotional outlet which gives a more in-depth view of her as a person, and of course I always go nuts for that. No one enjoys the idiotic realization that a musician they adore is a regular person as well. [/sarcasm]

When I first heard 'Cutting' off of Flicker, I thought she was using the lyrics in a mocking context seeing that a lot of her fans are teenagers and as melodramatic as some teens are, they lead to self-mutilation. Later on in an interview I found out it was about her personal experience when she used to cut herself. Ouch, I felt stupid. Everyone slap me for my e-shallowness.

Emotions, social issues, other things and lovely digital clashing pieces together wonderfully in her discography. And if you haven't noticed, I have actually added a memo of her new album's release date in September to my PDA. Yes, I have a PDA. It beats getting ink poisoning from writing memos on my hand all the time and it has cute little games that I lose at all the time. Happy listening, honkies.




*Due to the upcoming release of Hearts For Bullets, until then it is the complete discography. Once released I will reupload the entire thing as a whole. Click if you love attractive Canadian women.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

am curious about epsilon minus but have been unable to turn up anything to give it a listen...any rocks you can suggest looking under?